Please make sure you check the FAQ section of the website (see the menu on the left).
The Meeting will last four days and will feature several special events:
- The Henry Sweet Lecture 2010 will be delivered by Professor Stephen Levinson (Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics, Nijmegen) on the evening of 1st September, with the title â€˜Linguistic diversity and the â€œinteraction engineâ€â€™.
- The Linguistics Association Lecture 2010 will be delivered by Professor Joan L. Bybee (University of New Mexico) on 4th September, with the title â€˜Exemplar semantics: implications for grammatical meaningâ€™.
- A workshop on â€˜Interactional Foundations for Languageâ€™ related to Stephen Levinsonâ€™s Henry Sweet Lecture, organized by Kasia Jaszczolt and Stephen Levinson, will be held on the afternoon of 1st September, featuring Elizabeth Couper-Kuhlen (Potsdam), Nick Enfield (MPI, Nijmegen & Radboud University), Kasia Jaszczolt (Cambridge) and Ulf Liszkowski (MPI, Nijmegen).
- There will also be a special themed session on 4th September, related to Joan Bybeeâ€™s Linguistics Association Lecture, with the title â€˜Exemplar- and construction-based approaches to grammarâ€™, for which abstracts were invited.
- A themed session entitled â€˜Disharmony in Nominalsâ€™ will take place on 2nd September. 6.
- There will be a Language Tutorial on Herero, given by Lutz Marten (School of Oriental and African Studies).
- The LAGB Education Committee will hold a two-hour discussion on corpora in teaching (at both undergraduate and school levels). The panelists will include Dan Clayton (UCL) speaking on corpora in English teaching, and Vivienne Rogers and Zoe Handley (University of Oxford) speaking on corpora in foreign language teaching. Further details will soon be made available on the following website.
- A session aimed at postgraduate students on preparing for job applications will be held on 2nd September.
- Wine receptions will be held on the evenings of 1st September (sponsored by Cambridge University Press) and 2nd September (sponsored by Blackwell).